7 thoughts on “Religion Corrupts the Mind

1. Dr. Christopher Castro Oliveros December 5, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Science is humankind’s effort in trying to understand our environment. We came up with many methods of thought and data processing to be able to define and understand the world (existence) we are in. Although it can only be used to study, learn and conclude from what is tangible, (thus it can make no statement about God or spirit and soul) the results have been pretty amazing when we see how we have considerably improved our living conditions. Its conclusions have made our lives much easier and reduced illnesses, allowing us to lead more productive and happier, longer lives. Well, at least hypothetically so, since the majority of the world’s populations have little access to the technological benefits which a smaller portion enjoys. This leads to envy, greed, injustice, and challenges to our societies, cultures and civilization that we try to protect at all.

2. Ing. Alejandro Suarez December 5, 2017 at 4:22 pm

99.8% of inmates in America are “religious” – that should tell you something right there!!!

• essiep December 5, 2017 at 5:26 pm

It feels like it does, but I don’t know what.

• bgddyjim December 5, 2017 at 5:29 pm

What do you know! Ignorance is bliss.

3. Jonathan Scott Griffin December 29, 2017 at 3:40 am

I love faith and science, and I strongly feel that both are necessary for the human existence and that they aren’t as contradictory as we claim they are. My faith doesn’t stop me from asking questions. I think many people assume that to have faith is to know something for a fact, but it’s not. There is a difference between believing and to knowing. Even if faith isn’t put in a god/goddess or a religion, we put faith in family or friends or our own abilities. We would be immobile without faith, having the worst case of paranoia and lack of trust in everything. Immanuel Kant basically said that faith, though it can’t be stated as fact, can benefit people in their day to day lives. In the end, I have no problem having a copy of both the Bible and Charles Darwin’s Origin of the Species in my personal library.

• Dra Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS December 29, 2017 at 8:45 pm

“Even if faith isn’t put in a god/goddess or a religion, we put faith in family or friends or our own abilities. We would be immobile without faith, having the worst case of paranoia and lack of trust in everything” —– I agree, beautifully said! I appreciate an open mind like yours.

• Jonathan Scott Griffin December 30, 2017 at 12:36 am

Well, thank you, Dra Martha. You’re too kind.