I love cycling, but these are the things I do not like about cycling:
1. Men cyclists trying to race me when they know perfectly well I am a cyclist woman (I have long hair), and especially when they are in their twenties. I am in my 50’s. But I get pumped up and annoyed and I start pedaling my bike so fast that I pass them every single time.
2. When I am all ready and dressed up to go out for my usual bike ride and the weather decides I should stay home and starts pouring rain!
3. I am pedaling my bike, climbing up a hill, minding my own business and suddenly a cyclist approaches me and begins to give me “cycling lessons”: “you should do this, don’t do that, blah blah blah….” Seriously, some cyclists are so pedantically obnoxious. By now, I completely disregard him, start pedaling fast and leaving him behind, or tell him on his face that I have cycled and raced for 26 years and tell him off.
4. Other cyclists (male cyclists) telling me: “you look so pretty and thin today” “you are gaining some weight back…” “those legs look sexy”. Gee, can they see me as a cyclist, only, please?
5. I don’t like it when I had planned to pedal some 40 to 50 kilometers, I am all pumped up at the 20 or 30 km and then I feel one of my wheels hitting the road flat, pedaling is harder and I know my front or back tire IS FLAT!!
6. I hate it when the weather is beautiful, my physical condition ready to pedal 50 to 80 km the next day. I go to bed early and when I wake up at 4:30 am the evil sneezing and the painful sore throat start. I know I have to stay home so I don’t make it worse and recover faster.
7. I hate when drivers of automobiles scream things at me like: move! get out of the road! …. even worse, when they try to hit me to make me fall (they have never been successful -I have great reflexes)
8. Don’t like it when my bike hits a pothole full of water and I get wet.
9. I hate when friends or relatives agree to meet me at certain time in the morning (usually 5 or 6 am) for a bike ride and they show up late or not at all.
10. I couldn’t think about anything else “I hate about cycling”. There are dozens of things I love about cycling! 🤩
Published by Dr. Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS
I live in the Science Universe, Cycling World and Freedom Home.
I am a Medical Doctor and General Surgeon.
I specialize in difficult medical and clinical diagnostics. I subspecialize in Ischemic Cardiopathy.
I am a Certified Medical Doctor by the World Medical Asociation.
I have been practicing medical science for 32 years
In my private life I am a competitive amateur cyclist, animal lover, acoustic guitar player and song writer.
My legs keep the wheels turning, my spirit keeps me going….AND MY BRAIN KEEPS ME BALANCED!
View all posts by Dr. Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS