Future of Healthcare is in the Digitization and Digitalization in Medicine for Diagnostics 1

AR (Augmented Reality) is the future of computing, truly. It transcends traditional computing with 2D monitors, mouse and keyboard – and takes us into spatial computing, with 3D holograms and more natural interactions. It’s a whole new way of interacting with digital content in the context of the real world.

Future of Healthcare is in the Digitization and Digitalization in Medicine for Diagnostics 2

Although there are several forms of AR such as mobile and smart glasses, the most advanced and powerful is immersive AR, which is defined as photorealistic, high-resolution, life-size holograms wrapped in a natural interaction paradigm using direct hand manipulation and voice commands. Immersive AR has immense potential to change how we communicate, collaborate and create… enhancing our human interaction in the process.

Future of Healthcare is in the Digitization and Digitalization in Medicine for Diagnostics 3

Healthcare is one of the primary verticals in AR with the most to gain. In healthcare education, medical schools are starting to train a new generation of healthcare professionals using interactive 3D anatomical models – reducing the need for cadavers and significantly improving training and comprehension.

Future of Healthcare is in the Digitization and Digitalization in Medicine for Diagnostics 4

With immersive 3D medical imaging, AR can assist with everything from diagnosis, to patient communication, to collaborative pre-operative planning, to the surgery itself, where 3D MRI/CT scan is overlaid onto the patient. The benefits of 3D medical imaging go well beyond providing high financial value – they represent the future of care-giving.

JOIN MY PINTEREST HEALTH GROUP for more interesting news

10 thoughts on “Future of Healthcare is in the Digitization and Digitalization in Medicine for Diagnostics

1. Agrad Wesson H., PhD September 29, 2018 at 8:14 pm

How interesting, doctor!

2. lindasschaub September 29, 2018 at 9:34 pm

That’s amazing Martha.

3. janowrite September 30, 2018 at 5:42 am

“Miracles of Modern Medicine.” Wonderful!

4. Fred Bailey September 30, 2018 at 9:05 am

Hey Doc!
    It is all wonderful and impressive and will improve/save many lives. There will surely come a time soon when, by simply attaching a probe to my mobile phone, you’ll be able to diagnose me wherever in the cyber world I may be. Unfortunately we have the ability to turn art into science and then into corporate profits. It is certainly so with the “Medical Arts”. My GP, who is from a long line of traditional Asian care givers, clearly understands the old ways such as diagnosing by simply taking a pulse, by hand, much prefers prescriptions and referrals. “Next please!”
    It may be efficient but it is not compassionate. And that is still one of the best healing potions possible…and requires no batteries.

• Dra Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS September 30, 2018 at 10:53 am

(Comment edited for typos, )
      Fred, you have no idea how much I agree with you. I am interested in learning about this new modern tech, because it seems that the medical profession (unfortunately) is heading this way. I am 56 years old, I decided to become a medical doctor when I was 7 years old and saw an MD save a life right in front of me in the hospital in the waiting room I said to myself: “I want to be like her”. When I go into surgery I actually use proper sutures, I don´t even like staples. The art of suturing layers of human tissue is my thing, my life, and this new technology is changing all this.
      I like to explore a patients body, to ask questions, to THINK and diagnose with my mind. I hope the next generation of doctors around the world don’t become “robotic” and uncompassionate. But it is all heading that way.
      I, as an MD have to modernize in order to keep on rendering my medical services to all ages. FORTUNATELY I have lots of patients in their forties all the way to their nineties and who love my ways.
      When I happen to consult a teen or a patient in their twenties I get my digital gadgets out to give them confidence in my abilities since they don´t know better. Then, after they are cured and come back for a follow up I explain to them (my young patients) that it is more important the human contact and make them turn their iphones off.
      I don’t want to bore you, Fred. But yes, I agree with you, one hundred percent.

• Dr. Markansa Derson Krievet, MD September 30, 2018 at 3:36 pm

I was 8 when I decided to where the medical whit coat, doc. My 6 year old granddaughter prefers to watch The Good Doctor than cartoons.

5. Dr. Homero Osuna Teherán September 30, 2018 at 9:32 am

Doc, next year take me with you. Is that conference in Germany or Dubai?

6. Susan October 4, 2018 at 7:31 am

I think human communication in no case can not be excluded from treatment. But modern technology, too, can not be deleted. The world goes forward and develops and it is wonderful. I like that such technologies already exist and can help in the diagnosis and treatment.