Great Homemade Dressing of the Day: Hot Bacon (Dr Martha Messy Style)

0 votes

Great Hot Bacon Dressing!

Great Homemade Dressing of the Day: Hot Bacon (Dr Martha Messy Style) 1

I like my Hot Bacon Dressing salad without gluten. Gluten makes me feel bloated and I try to avoid it the most I can. Although there are some ways to flush it out of your intestines fast if you happen to ingest it in some meal. But this  would be the topic for another blog post. So let’s get to our homemade salad of the day:

Keep it in the jar

Great Homemade Dressing of the Day: Hot Bacon (Dr Martha Messy Style) 2

INGREDIENTS Nutrition

• slices bacon, diced

• 1cup finely chopped yellow onion

• vegetable oil

• 22 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with

• teaspoons water

• 1cup white vinegar

• 1cup water

• 1cup sugar

• salt and pepper

Enjoy it on Spinach or any other Salad!

Great Homemade Dressing of the Day: Hot Bacon (Dr Martha Messy Style) 3

DIRECTIONS:

Fry bacon til crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to bacon fat in pan and cook 5 minutes til onion is soft. With a slotted spoon, add onion to bacon. Pour bacon fat into a measuring cup and add vegetable oil to equal 1/2 cup. Add bacon fat to cornstarch mixture and reserve. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and heat to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and cook til thickened (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and add bacon and onion. Use while warm.

7 thoughts on “Great Homemade Dressing of the Day: Hot Bacon (Dr Martha Messy Style)

1. bgddyjim November 7, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Nice!

2. lindasschaub November 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm

That’s a good looking salad Martha – the dressing sounds very good as well!

• Dra Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS November 7, 2018 at 7:28 pm

It tastes delicious, Linda. I prefer spinach with this kind of salad, rather than lettuce.

• lindasschaub November 8, 2018 at 4:00 am

It reminded me of Marzetti’s spinach salad dressing … I like spinach salad but don’t eat many salads anymore as there have been so many issues with listeria and other problems like the romaine lettuce. We have a hepatitis A outbreak here in SE Michigan – I have not eaten out in a very long time … I could get the series of shots for about $300.00 for the two of them (an out-of-pocket cost to me) but I was not going out to eat that much anyway. We have constant incidents of people going to eat somewhere, a restaurant, a fair, etc. and someone contaminated food, served contaminated food or touched something … I can’t count how many times it has happened in recent years and people have died from it. Scary!

• Dra Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS November 8, 2018 at 8:36 am

Linda, in Mexico there are several products to disinfect veggies, fruits and even meats. It is called Microdyn, there are others too, but I love this product because I have been using it all my life and even my grandma used it and we never never got sick. Thing is, I don’t think they sell it in the US in the markets but you can get it through Amazon.It is very cheap, btw, especially if you buy the big bottle (probably no more than 5 or 7 usd) will last you a year. I have tried the American Citrus disinfectants, Regal Magic and other products and they don´t work as well as Microdyn. I used them twice and two of my nephews got gastritis. Microdyn is wonderful with your stomach and tough on bacteria and all kinds of viruses. You will save yourself a ton of money (300,00 usd) by not getting those Hepatitis A shots and using this product instead. And you will continue to enjoy your salads, comfortably and safe, for sure. https://www.flickr.com/photos/14921192@N00/303064811

3. janowrite November 10, 2018 at 7:10 am