#1 Christmas Dinner Ideas: Standing Rib Roast
- 6 teaspoons of lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 teaspoons of paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (67 to 8 pounds)
- 4 cups beef stock
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Place roast in a roasting pan, fat side up; rub with seasoning mixture.
- Roast 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened browned bits from roasting pan into a small saucepan. Skim fat. Add beef stock to drippings; bring to a boil. Serve with roast.
#2 Christmas Tortellini and Spinach Soup
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese.
Berry Beet Salad a Wonderful Dinner Idea