REFRESHING SALAD RECIPE
(with pineapple, cucumber and charbroiled chicken)
1/3 cup (80ml) pineapple juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
500g Chicken Thigh Fillets, chopped
1 small pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced crossways
200g pkt 4 Leaf Salad
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1. Combine the pineapple juice, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours. Thread the chicken pieces onto 4 metal skewers. Reserve the marinade.
2. Heat a barbecue grill or char grill on medium-high. Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
3. Meanwhile, cook pineapple on grill for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
4. While the pineapple is cooking, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
5. Arrange salad leaves, tomato, carrot, onion, cucumber, pineapple and chicken skewers on a large serving plate. Pour over marinade in the pan. Season.