5 Best Delicious Chocolates in the World Healthy Benefits and Unhealthy Side Effects

chocolate food dra martha castro noriega tijuana baja california usa los angeles states

1. Godiva

2. La Maison du Chocholatier

3. Ferrero Rocher

4. Belgian

5. Madagascar

Flavanols promote the production of nitric oxide, which relaxes the blood vessels and enhances blood flow. This helps lower blood pressure and ultimately enhances heart health.

These flavanols can also increase insulin sensitivity and possibly cut down diabetes risk.

The other important nutrients include iron, magnesium, pper, zinc, and phosphorus – all of which contribute to your overall health (including cancer prevention).

The flavanols can protect the skin against sun damage. Studies show that dietary flavanols from cocoa offer photoprotection and improve dermal blood circulation.

“Not everything in cgocolate heaven is glory …unfortunately” — Dr. Martha A. Castro N., MD

UNHEALTHY EFFECTS  OR SIDE EFFECTS

ANXIETY

The caffeine in dark chocolate (and chocolate, in general), excess intake can lead to anxiety issues (28). Hence, consume it in moderation.

HEART ISSUES

Dark does have great benefits for the heart. But the caffeine it contains might cause irregular heartbeat in susceptible individuals (29). Hence, moderation is key.

OTHER ISSUES WITH CAFFEINE

The caffeine in this product may also aggravate the following conditions (individuals with these conditions must consume dark chocolate in moderation):

Diarrhea
Glaucoma
High blood pressure
Irritable bowel syndrome
Osteoporosis}

JOIN MY PINTEREST FOOD BOARD

21 Comments

1. Sheree says:

I love good quality, high percentage cocoa chocolate!

1. Especially with all the pedaling on your bike, Sheree, you need it! Enjoy 🚲🚲🚲

1. Sheree says:

Thanks Dr Martha

2. shankjoejoe says:

❀️ πŸ˜‰

3. Halbarbera says:

Love that dark chocolate side effects aside!

1. …then…enjoy them like I do! πŸ˜‰

1. Halbarbera says:

With turmeric, warm milk and cinnamon an hour before bedtime you see for better sleep at least for me!

2. That sounds de.li.cious !!! I will try it tomorrow night Thank you for the recipe, πŸ‘

4. lindasschaub says:

Those are some beautiful Godiva chocolates – wow!

1. Oh yes, and I love them all 🀭

1. lindasschaub says:

They looked delicious Martha. Do you remember Valerie Harper’s character Rhoda Morganstern on the old “Mary Tyler Moore Show”? I happened to see a show where she takes a fancy chocolate and says “I might as well apply it directly to my hips” – I always thought that line was funny as enough of him it would be true. Rhoda didn’t bike as many miles as you. Here’s the clip:

2. hahahahaha yes, this episode is hilarious…Mary Tyler Moore Show…good times! hahahahaha good laugh!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
        Linda, since we are talking about chocolate and TV shows, do you remember this episode in “I Love Lucy” with Lucy and Ethel?

Did you like it? I love it!

3. lindasschaub says:

I loved the MTM Show Martha. Thanks for this link – I went over to YouTube and checked it out – I remember seeing this years ago as well. It was as funny to see it today as back in the day. And I laughed when Vivian said she got fired from downstairs as she was poking holes in all the chocolates – I’ve been guilty of that too when it was just family eating them. πŸ™‚ I thought they sped up the conveyor belt already when they started eating them and stuffing them down their top – I couldn’t have kept up either!

5. I love Cadbury too, as long as it’s made in England, and not in the states under the Hershey brand 😩

1. I agree, absolutely agree!!! English Cadbury is delicious, it is wonderful for my palate! πŸ‘

1. I got 2 – 4 packs of Cadbury Boost a couple of months ago. Amazing.

2. With all the exercise and fitness you practice, I am sure you can afford 4 packs or more, Susie.

3. I had 1 bar a week.