Harbin Ice and Snow fiesta is China’s original and greatest ice artwork festival, attracting hundreds of thousands of local people and visitors from all over the world.
The first Ice lanterns were a winter-time tradition in northeast China. During the Qing Dynasty（1644 – 1911), the locals and fishermen often made and used ice lanterns as jack-lights during the winter months.
At that time these were made simply by pouring water into a bucket that was then put out in the open to freeze. It was then gently warmed before the water froze completely so that the bucket-shaped ice could be pulled out.
RIO DE JANEIRO
The awesome celebrations of this county mark the start of the Lent period, dancers and revellers celebrate the occasion with colourful street parties.
Considered one of the biggest carnivals in the world, Brazil erupted in magnificent colours and samba parade.
Dancers performed on top of monumental floats, and orchestras and musicians played samba music for all to enjoy.
ALBUQUERQUE INTERNATIONAL BALLOON
The Fiesta continues for nine days, and you can enjoy various musical performances, see night glows in which the balloons propane burners are ignited, but the hot air balloons are tethered to the ground.
One of the best events is the Mass Ascension where hundreds of hot air balloons are launched in two waves and fill up the sky with bright colors.
Cheltenham Festivals in the United Kingdom
This festival is held every March in the United Kingdom, and it is an event that gathers some of the best British and Irish trained racehorses.
Since the meeting is usually held around the same time as Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations, the Cheltenham Festival is extremely popular with Irish visitors. There are several Grade I races held over four days.
I am rating these ones with 5 stars based on my own personal traveling and use of them this year.
1. The Schlosshotel Velden hotel in Austria offer a superb view of Lake Woerthersee, also a fantastic SPA resort that will surpass the expectations of even the most seasoned resort connoisseur. It offers glamorous and comfortable rooms with tradition and modernity, the Schloss Hotel Velden receives me and my family with exquisite personalised service.
2. The Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Riocentro hotel has rooms elegantly styled with wooden furniture and contemporary decor. The conference auditorium is for business or education is elegant and comfortable with computers at the service of the attendees.
3. The Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach is affordable for the luxury and comfort it offers to its guests. The best of times in Dubai you will have if you stay here.
4. The Royal Palm in the Galapagos Islands and their staff exceeded our expectations of fun and adventure, coordinating 3 boat trips and 3 land trips. The food was very good, and when we were unable to make it back for a meal, they coordinated with a restaurant in town for our meal. This was unexpected. Our kids enjoyed the grounds and being somewhat away from everything allowed them to run around and enjoy the facilities.
5. The Intercontinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort in South Korea knows how to give pleasure to its customers. We found peace and fun at the same time depending on the place and activity. We stayed here for 7 nights and we loved it! We loved everything about the suite. The bed was super comfy. The shower and the bathroom were superb. We loved the breakfast too. Lots of choices, western and Korean.
I want to say THANK YOU to all my readers, followers and contacts from all over the world: Brazil, North America, Germany, Spain, England, Russia, Italy, Middle East, all Europe and all Latin America for your subscriptions to my site, for for liking my Pinterest photos, for sharing your knowledge and business in Linkedin, for reading my tweets.
I try to interact with all of you, and please, if you speak other language like Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or German, do not doubt leaving comments or messages in all my platforms. I will respond to you in the language you prefer.
You can also use the TRANSLATE BUTTON in the primary menu of this site.
Flowers are so beautiful, they look gorgeous in their nature habitat, in our homes. Flowers are given to show love, passion, compassion, celebration, happiness. But flowers are much more than that. Lots of flowers are edible.
Arguably, the most common edible flower is nasturtium. Easy to grow, both the flowers and the lovely circle-shaped leaves are enjoyed for their peppery taste and beauty. The uses for nasturtium are multiple. Good in salads and as edible garnishes, they are best enjoyed raw. If adding them to hot foods, add at the last minute. Consider using the nasturtium leaf to float a dollop of sour cream topped with a flower in soups. Use nasturtium for color and flavor in Thai summer rolls made with rice-paper rounds so the color shines through the roll.
“Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” — Hans Christian Andersen
“You can drive out nature with a pitchfork but she keeps on coming back” —Horace (65-8BC)
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better” —Albert Einstein
ABOUT the last image of Colombia: the Caño Cristales river features no fish at all, probably because it is so filled with coral and aquatic plants.